Friday, 26 May 2017

Frogs Knitted Horse Dog Cat Needlecase




This little chap is very confused as he doesn't know what he is !
I was knitting a Horse but he looks more like a Dog !
Should I give him floppy long ears or pointed ears ? Long tail or short tail ?  Or a mane if he is a Horse ?  Oh dear 


Our Frogs are busy catching flies !  Sadly most of the Slugs in our Garden are too big for them to eat. I put a small Slug about an inch in front a Frog's nose and it just looked at it and hopped away


The Slugs are eating so much that we have moved a lot of our seedlings onto our Patio


We have a shelf to keep some pots off of the ground
I found ten Slugs in my pot of Carrots. We now hang the pots of Carrots in our Trees

I made this Needlecase for my Sister
 She has a black and white cat and likes sewing

6 comments:

  1. What a cute needle case, love the cat picture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment Gaia. It is just the right picture for my Sister.

      Delete
  2. your dog?/horse is cute with a longer neck you could make a giraffe too! How good to ave lots of frogs, would lie a pond myself but not the energy to dig one out. Shame the frogs do not eat the slugs not heard of hanging carrots from the trees before but if it keeps the slugs away a great idea. I seem to get more snails which I prefer out of the 2 but would rather have neither. Te needle case will be a well loved gift

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for Giraffe idea Margaret. I will probably make one. I hope to make a Weimaraner when I work out how to make floppy ears and a very long tail. We need more Hedgehogs to eat the slugs. I wish they sold Hedgehogs in the Garden Centre

      Delete
  3. The needle case looks great and I like your undecided animal. I'll look forward to seeing what he becomes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment Janine. I must finish Doghorse soon !

      Delete

Any comments are greatly appreciated. Marion x