Tuesday, 27 June 2017

Clever Poppy Seed Pods and Sweet Peas

My Poppies have attracted a lot of Bees.  I will sow my Poppy Seeds in my Vegetable Patch next year. I have been checking to see if the Seeds are ready every day


When the Seeds are ready a row of little holes appear under the cap at the top of the Seed Pod.  If you enlarge the photo you can see the row of holes. A gust of wind and the seeds are scattered like Pepper from a Pepper Pot from the little holes. What a clever Plant !


I picked a small bunch off Sweet Peas from the garden today. They smell lovely


Our Cats have come in because it is raining. The garden desperately needs rain !  
Marion x

4 comments:

  1. Dear Marion poppies are such lovely flowers. Mine grows in my veggie patch too. The cats look so cute watching it rain...glad you are getting some. Have a great day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain started yesterday Debbie and our vegetables have all perked up. Our cats hate it. Our dog doesn't mind the rain and happily goes for a walk whatever the weather. The Poppies attract Bees to pollinate our Beans. Mother nature is so clever !

      Delete
  2. like you I like poppies have lots of small yellow ones that come up all over the place and 3 years ago bought one big red one it now appears in numerous places and I did not save any seeds so they must have just blown in the wind. Will try and collect them this time and thn put some in thr front garden, they have not traveled there yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you manage to collect the Seed from your red Poppy Margaret. It is so rewarding giving Mother Nature a helping hand

      Delete