Saturday, 8 July 2017

Trollen Wheel Braiding Bodiam Castle Steam Train

 We visited Bodiam Castle in East Sussex. It is owned by The National Trust and surrounded by a Moat full of enormous Fish
I could write a lot about it but there are full details on the National Trust Website including Opening Times and Admission Charges 


The highlight of the day for me was finding this lady Braiding. She was using a Trollen Wheel and a Lucet. I have a Lucet but I had never heard of a Trollen Wheel before !
 I googled Trollen Wheel when I got home and found a wonderful Tutorial on Angela Barrow's Website
 I must try making a Trollen Wheel to try this technique
STEAM TRAIN
There is a Steam Railway just a few minutes walk from the Castle
We had Lunch on the Train on the journey to Tenterton
It was hard to take any photos with so many people on the Station 
There is a lot of Tourist Information on the Kent and East Sussex Railway Website with a Railway timetable

3 comments:

  1. sounds a nice way to spend a sunny day. I too have a lucet and have also had a go at making braid with a cardboard circle had not heard it called a Trollen wheel though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your many comments on all of my posts Margaret. I have just made a Trollen Wheel and will test it soon. I have never tried using more than one colour in my Lucet so I might experiment more with that too. I love visiting your Blog. Marion x

      Delete
  2. What an amazing place! Takes you right back in time especially with that lady braiding. You are so lucky living in a place that is so rich in history and has so many awesome castles to visit.

    ReplyDelete